Something else I'd like to get feedback on, do you prefer soft or hard wax and why?  I've used both in school and thought the hard wax was downright painful, and prefer strips.  I use strips and soft wax for all my waxing. What are the benefits of hard wax?  Maybe I just wasn't properly trained, since it seems alot of people like it better?  Thanks for your feedback!

Views: 21674

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't do Brazillian...I do bikini, brow, lip, chin, leg...etc..  I've only used soft wax for all of those.  We use hard wax on nostril...did that once, kinda wierd.  Besides the hard wax surrounding the hair, and soft wax spreading when the strip is pressed,  what are the other differences/benefits/cons of each?  I use soft wax on myself as well (I won't let anyone wax my brows after losing one to a hairstylist).   Also, when it  comes to soft waxes, do you prefer honey or the creamy ones?  I prefer the 'sensitive' creamy ones that seem to have aloe or other soothers in them, but it seems everyone else in my spa prefers the honey.   Seems I'm going to be busy waxing this summer and I love hearing how everyone else does things! 

I think when it comes to price, not really a difference, its more the comfort, speed and all the hair removed with one application that is the big difference between hard & soft. 

Honey vs cream? I have been experimenting with this one because I usually do honey for all other waxing. Honey seems to do a better job removing hair but I think you just have to find the cream that works for you.

With all the experimenting I have been doing with wax, I have realized that you get what you pay for!

In my testing, satin smooth cheap, easy to purchase at your local store but is hard to work with and not the best at removing all the hair. I even called the professional hot line for help trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with the hard wax and didn't get much help. I was just told you have to keep working with it, well I don't have time or clients who want me to keep "working" on figuring out how to setup your wax. 

I will say this, satin smooth has a self-heating roll-on system and I love it. It has literally cut my leg waxing time in half!! Plus they now have a system to clean the roller heads. One cartridge does 1 full leg or both 1/2 legs.

I currently use Plum Smooth honey and am now starting to try their other wax. I like Plum because it comes in a 16 oz can instead of 14oz, costs $12.95 and is giving me great results in soft wax, haven't tried their hard yet...

I despise Satin Smooth hard wax. It never comes off right. I really wanted to like the cherry too. Cirepil blue is the best hard wax IMO. But I love Satin Smooth cream waxes. The zinc oxide is a favorite.

I agree with Samantha - I did not like the Satin Smooth hard waxes - yet I know MANY estheticians that just love it!  It tends to get brittle sometimes.  Their trainer that I worked with put it on very thick (for brazilians), and that keeps it pliable longer - but it also takes longer for it to set up.

Anyway - I am using the Berodin's waxes but may try the Cirepil Crystalline that Claire mentioned.

The Berodins works beautifully - it's just soooo stringy!

Regarding the original comment about hard wax being painful - it is very important to follow manufacturers directions, I also use a pre-wax oil. I think that hard wax is less painful than strip wax.

I personally prefer sugar wax, and beyond that actually body sugaring! Alexandria Professional has a wax called K.I.S.S. (Keep It Strip Sugar) that works amazingly, the application is identical to conventional wax, but it will get shorter hair, is gentler on the skin because sugar is water soluble so will not stick to living skin cells, and the cleanup is so easy! I.e. if you accidentally were to get the KISS too high on the brow, or didn't like the shape, simply hydrate it off with a moist towel and there will be no damage to the skin or brow, so you can just start over. As I said I actually prefer body sugaring to waxing in general, ever since I took it as an elective course at the beauty school I graduated from. I've been certified in Alexandria Professional Body Sugaring for over a year and haven't waxed a client (with the exception of the K.I.S.S sugar wax) during that entire time. You see, Sugaring is gentler on skin, is applied against the natural growth pattern and removed with it, so it hurts less, and it actually seeps in to the follicles coating and lubricating the hair shaft, so it can extract much shorter hair, even hair in the Anagen growth phase at less than a millimeter's length! This can lead your clients to eventually permanently smooth skin, with a so much more pleasant experience for them and for you! You should watch some of the demo videos on the Alexandria Professional Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/AlexandriaProfessional

OR,

head over to their education page and take a look at some of the new things they're always putting out!

http://www.facebook.com/BodySugaringU

I hope this helps you :)

When I do sugaring, most client complains it hurts when I'm molding. Why is that & what do I need to do?

There are a lot of things with the technique of body sugaring that make it a technique to be mastered and not easy by any means. My personal recommendation would be to contact the company you go through for further education. What's happening is that the paste is too thick which will tug/pull on hair as you mold, and how you mold makes a difference as well. I teach body sugaring so I deal with student troubleshooting all the time. Please feel free to contact me any time

what company are u With
Sorry, I think you said that! U must admit the trainer lost control of the class

Class? What class are you referring to?

I must admit the trainer lost cintrol of the class
I would like to take another class, but not the full 2 day. I think I will contact my trainer. Maybe I can do a refresher.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service